Until you fully understand what your team members are thinking, and more importantly feeling, you will never be in a position to develop an amazing employee engagement strategy that will yield real results and real outcomes!
So, have you ever asked your team how they are travelling, and what they are feeling, or even just if they are satisfied? If not, why not? Anonymous (or open) employee surveying will allow your team, and your business, to share their positive and negative thoughts and ideas with you. Then you can take action based on the feedback that you get! Everyone wins!
What you need to know about employee satisfaction surveying includes:
- You will give your team a voice – your employees will feel like they are being heard
- It is the quickest and most effective way to develop a great engagement strategy
- You will learn more about your business quickly than you thought you ever could
- Some of the survey responses may not be as you expected – a possibility, but positive
- A team that knows you care is a team that will go the extra mile!
Employee surveying really is part of a bigger process. Understand the satisfaction level of employees is important, but what is more important is what you do with the information that you receive. Here is the process to follow:
- Define clearly what the surveying process is designed to achieve
- Get the question set right, based on item 1. above
- Let people know what you are doing, and why you are doing it
- Conduct the survey (options include anonymously or open, face to face or web based)
- Review the results, with an eye on employee engagement strategy development
- Implement actions, based on the results
- Follow up with employees to ensure that the actions are having the desired results
Personally, my preferred means of surveying is anonymous and face to face (using KeePad and Turning Point technology). It gives me a chance to eye-ball everyone and to get a sense of the feeling in the group. The pros are that it is easy with small groups, and I get so much more than survey results. The cons are that for a large organisation, it is not practical, and a web based platform is more suitable!
When Deming said Plan, Do, Check, Act, what he really meant was:
What you can expect after implementing an employee satisfaction survey includes:
- Exactly what your employees are thinking and feeling
- An honest interpretation of their current state
- The information that you need to develop a future state for the employee engagement strategy in your business
Contact Anton for more information:
+61 418 686 522
Can’t wait to talk to you about surveying your employees for you! Pumped!
Let’s get started!